Wouldn’t it be great to stop worrying about de-tagging unflattering photos. You know that one friend that constantly looks good in photos? She’s about to get some competition. Being photogenic is a skill you can totally master. Here are a few tricks to help you girls out.
1. Say “money” not “cheese.”
2. Try this old school red carpet trick: Put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile to avoid a goofy, too-wide grin.
3. If you tend to blink in photos, close your eyes just before the picture is taken and open them slowly before the camera clicks.
4. Crop the photo so your body fills the entire frame.
5. Never stand the closest to the camera when taking a group shot.
6. Show the left side of your face.
7. Take seated photos from a higher angle.
8. Look toward a light right before the photo is taken.
9. Tilt your face slightly, so you don’t face the camera squarely.
10. Take full-length photos from a lower angle.
11. Surprise photo? Try this five-second prep: Blot your face with a tissue or single-ply cocktail napkin, then pinch your cheeks to create a rosy glow.
12. Pretend you are squeezing a lemon in between your shoulder blades to instantly improve slumping shoulders.
13. Define your jaw by pretending there is a string pulling up your nose ever so slightly.